Back to back......not!


"We'll see if we can fit you in."
As you can see from our calendar, we're not that busy. Not to say we don't do anything; we fill every day and never get bored. It's just that our days aren't programmed. We have time for everything. Today I got curious about my reserve generator water pump and spent 90 minutes rebuilding it. Kirstin read the chart plotter manual end to end, did about a thousand squats and planks. We also moved the boat three miles to an uninhabited islet in the northeast of Antigua. We walked across this small anonymous island notable only for being the sole habitat of the racer snake- an endangered species (we're told). Everything took time- and everything was fun....just not programmed. Oh, and we read about 3-4 hrs a day. Just an amazing privilege..........hence our encyclopedic knowledge of bizarre topics like LA drug wars, the life of Keith Richards, and other esoterica.

The neighbor stopped by (a large Oyster anchored next to us). Nice guy, but the encounter didn't generate a happy hour appointment. Maybe tomorrow, who knows? It's funny that one brush off you can't use if you are a cruiser is "Oh, so sorry......I'm right in the middle of something". Everyone knows that all of us aren't really doing anything.

Our walk was actually the first time off the boat in 3 days. After our orgy of spending in Jolly Harbor while doing boat maintenance, it's nice to have a bunch of "ZDs" (zero dollar days). Our complex budgeting system depends on ZDs to make cruising work........so if we spend $300 at the grocery store and have 5 ZDs after that, we're feeling pretty good about ourselves.

Since my blood pressure is slightly elevated (I think I actually just suffer from nervousness generated by the blood pressure collar), Kirstin found 10 ways I can improve my blood pressure. When she told me one was reducing alcohol consumption, I was encouraged that there were still 9 more I could master.........since wine reduction is unlikely.

Anyway, we're just floating around here keeping un-busy. I have continued to boycott all news media (including cancelling the last periodical on my Kindle, the Washington Post). I feel like news ruins my Caribbean chill and have decided I would get news from books instead............or my primary source of info, the ESPN app.

The other night we came up with good boat names for wanna-be cruisers........"Wastrel" and "Magical Thinking". If we see a boat with either name on the high seas we're coming over for our royalty payment, a bottle of Sancerre.