V is for "Vagabundo"

So the other day I'm sitting in the cockpit of our yacht..........a perfect afternoon. The sky is powder blue, just a few puffy white clouds passing by. I've got my Kindle,  a virtually unlimited supply of cold Coke Zero.......even the Dorito food group is "representing" in a bowl next to me. So how could the day get any better ?

BZZZZZZZZZZ........I see a small dinghy approaching driven by a bikini-clad twenty-something heading directly for me. I continue reading my book; I'm pretty sure I checked the crew list before we left and this chickie definitely doesn't belong on L'ORIENT.

BZZZZZZZZZZ........Now this dinghy is much closer, still heading my way. Hmmm. She must not know how to steer an outboard or something. I'm thinking........sweetie-pie, if you hit my boat with your half-assed dinghy there's going to be big trouble.

BZZZZZZZZZZ.......She arrives.

Strange chick- "Hello, I am Patrithia........fromma Spain"

Kirstin, who was asleep in the cockpit now wakes up.

Tom (to Kirstin)- "Do you know this chick ?"

Kirstin to Tom- "I thought you did"

Tom (sarcastically to Kirstin)- "Oh, yeah.......I forgot to tell you about her. Of course I don't know her.

Tom (to Patrithia)- "So, how can we help you ?"

Patrithia- I'm looking for a boat to take me to Curacao.

Now, some context is required. Patrithia crews on mega-yachts during "the season". This is off season, so she has no place to live. She also has no money. She basically trades "her skills" for room and board until the season starts again. She admitted to having only two years of sailing experience, so I'm not sure what these skills are............I'm not sure,  but I suspect. Why do I suspect I know ? Her current "digs" are in a slime encrusted, leaky old scow that brought her from Venezuela to here. The 50-somehing year old captain of that boat apparently drinks all day (starting from about 11:00 AM) and passes out at sundown. She's a virtual prisoner on that boat until she finds another "taker".

Tom (to Patrithia)- "Sorry, we're not going your way".

Patrithia- "Then would you at least take me around in your dinghy to find another boat that will take me there ?"

Tom- "Bahahaha.......Oh, that's a serious question ? No, can't do that. Sorry."

The galling part of this is that as she was cruising the bay, she picked out the biggest boat (ours) that appeared to have only a man on board (Kirstin wasn't visible from her vantage point). A guy who does this is a stalker............a girl who trolls for "a deal" ? Let's call her an opportunist.

Vaya vagabundo............vaya.