Tough Neighborhood............

Typical "restaurant" in Chatham Bay - notice sign "figure licking food"
Who knew? Chatham Bay, right around the corner from Happy Island...........not so happy. We get anchored in a small bay. A guy motors out to greet us.

Local guy- "Hi, my name's Barracuda.........want me to make you a barbecue ?"

Tom- "Sure........be there tonight. Say, what's your real name ?"

Local guy- "Barracuda"

OK, well, we hang out with "Barracuda". He tells us about Loretta...........she's the crazy beach bar competitor. If you go somewhere else to eat, she threatens to burn the place down. Bitter rivals with Barracuda. We stay clear of this chickie, as we don't want to start a war.

During the barbecue, a mystery is revealed. Kirstin and I have been wondering why, when nobody works on Union Island........everybody has a car and plenty of fuel for outboards. Barracuda lectures us in Marijuanics 101............"Everybody smokin de herb, mahn"

Tom and Kirstin- "What ?"

Barracuda-  "Yah.......the cops, judges, everybody..................I got my crops in back. About 20% of my money comes from the herb".
Sunset in Chatham Bay

Tom and Kirstin (in disbelief)- "OK, OK..........if 10 boats are in your bay.....how many buy weed from you ?"

Barracuda- "If 10 boats in de bay, 10 buy herb from me"

Tom and Kirstin (heads exploding)- Hmmm. That explains a lot.

AHA !!!!! All this slack-ass island stuff is merely a front business. I knew something was up. Anyway, we're off to Mayreau next and a visit with our favorite Rasta..........Robert Righteous.