Welcome to Canouan.........how about some heroin ?

"Excuse me ?"............I'm thinking that I heard the server incorrectly, or this is a Law and Order type entrapment bust. "I'm pretty sure heroin is illegal, ma'am"..............."Oh, no............not heroin........Hairoun (pronounced hair-oon).  Turns out that this is the national beer of SVG (St. Vincent and the Grenadines). "Oh.......OK. Well, I was going to order some speed-balls but we'll have the heroin/hairoun instead".

So we're taking our walk (my new exercise regimen of 100 pushups is always scheduled to start tomorrow).........and these dudes have 5 stacked huge speakers......like a zillion watts blasting some demo quality reggae............about 20 yards from another guy doing the same thing - except with six speakers. Like a battle of the speakers. Imagine the loudest club you've ever been to...........louder than that. Really.  The server tells us that's normal. It's how they listen to music on Canouan.

What did we do today ? Whole lotta nuthin. Downloaded some Jimmy Cliff.............snorkeled amongst like a million silver minnows..........had some conch chowder...........made water with our reverse osmosis watermaker...........took a walk.........read more of our books.....biggest achievement was opening a coconut pretty seamlessly with my machete.......some French people were watching on the next boat........they won't be messing with us...........just another day in paradise. Scary that it's already May 1. A third of this adventure is over, although 240 days remain.

Can just imagine my first day back at work...........haven't gotten around to cutting my bro hair yet........someone asks me to show up at a meeting for the first time in a year.. "Whoa........whoa.........slow down,  dude..........hey, feeling a little pressured, you know ? Back off."