My Dream Girl.........

I call her Conchita but I don't really know her name. You see, we're apart now.........probably forever. That's the way it is sometimes. I try not to think of her, but that never works. She's quiet, she never argues with me.........I'm sure she likes sports. And oh, she's quite fit (if you know what I mean). Take a look.
Made in Brazil ?
Aside from a map, there's one sure way to know that we're very close to South America. Call it the "hoochie factor". The fashionable look for women (and girls) here is what I might call "discount call girl". The more makeup, the better. The more.......er, uh, "front-end" the better. Spandex is everywhere, and if there was a society for the prevention of spandex abuse, they'd be headquartered here.

The official ride of Bonaire's "pay for play" set
The guys aren't much better. Every night during dinner, we're serenaded by at least 10 Rico Suave's revving their Harley-Davidsons and spinning their wheels right in front of any restaurant where an impressionable chica might be sitting. In fact, this is the first place I've ever seen that actually rents Harleys, along with their scooters, bikes, and cars. Some of the Harleys have been really tricked out. Flames, skulls, daggers, and various simplistic characterizations of women bedazzle these bikes. They're apparently very popular with the Colombian and Venezuelan young men who are of skirt-chasing age ( basically 14-79).

Oh, and what I'm most excited about............"the most interesting man in the world" from the Dos Equis commercials is moored on a  Venezuealan catamaran right in front of us. It's not really him (I know because the one on TV is actually a jewish guy from the Bronx), but the resemblance is so uncanny that I want to get a picture. Problem is that I need to be careful as he looks like he runs some kind of international syndicate and has a lot of muscle on the boat with him. A "yanqui" taking pictures might not be appreciated.

Anyway, if it was all Grey Poupon and Armani like St. Barth's, it wouldn't be as interesting. As we walked on the beach, we encountered some graffiti for the first time........we could have written it.
Our sentiments, exactly