I got your deadliest catch right here........

Being a sailor, I'm a big fan of "Deadliest Catch". Seeing those guys battle huge storms in the Bering Sea sends chills up my spine, and I've always thought that these fishermen were the toughest seamen afloat.......until yesterday.

As Kirstin and I were listening to XM and enjoying a rare bottle of un-spoiled Chardonnay, a small open power boat roared past with two fishermen roared past. Typical Rasta fishing boat.......small, wooden, painted with the colors of the Jamaican flag, and held together with bungee and who knows what else.  But wait........sticking half out of their over-loaded boat was a very large blue marlin...........this thing had to weigh 300 lbs. We just stared at each other for a minute.........are you kidding me ? How did two skinny Rastas in what is essentially a large dinghy catch that monster ?

They drove to the dock and we got out binoculars to watch them unload this thing. It took them (and about 4 friends) 15 minutes to figure out how to get this giant fish out of the boat. Wow. I'm imagining what this fight looked like.........2-3 miles offshore........these two skinny Rastas and a fish large enough to easily capsize their half-assed boat. Definitely makes you wonder how many of these folks disappear each year..............I think I've got a concept to pitch A&E......."Suicide Anglers" or something like that.