Now the fun begins

Ah. I've been waiting for this for 3 months. Dominica.............the beginning of the real Caribbean. Burning garbage, stray dogs, great street food, and people sometimes living as primitively as hundreds of years before. Being a notable humanitarian, I immediately contributed to the local economy by purchasing..........two additional padlocks for our dinghy. Ba-ha-ha-ha.

I do love this place. As we got off our dinghy, a stray puppy appeared across the street. This is one of my hopeless addictions........I'm an animal snuggler. I picked up the puppy and he just curled up into a ball. I put him down and immediately began selling Kirstin on the idea of us adopting "Rasta" (the puppy's new name). Funny thing.......as I was playing with the dog, a local walks past and offers to sell me the dog. Now that's marketing. I told him I didn't have money, but I'd trade him the dog for the orange dinghy (mine's gray).

Anyway, if I see that dog in the next week, I might break down and add to our little family. He's that cute. I'm told you can train boat dogs to do their business on an astroturf mat. Need to do research on this.

We'll be here a week, and I'm hoping to make lots of friends in town and also hoping to survive the long hikes I know Kirstin is planning. "If you want to live like this you should have married an 18 year old".