Commendable Restraint

So we're dinghying in today here in beautiful Rodney Bay, St. Lucia. As we approach the dinghy dock, an old man and his wife were rowing in. How cute ! I hope Kirstin and I are like that in 25 years. Or so I thought.

We pass them as we are slowing down to tie to the dock. As we go by, the old woman (a less attractive Barbara Bush.......how about that for a visual) starts yelling at us. The man does too. I'm guessing that they feel like we should have let them get to the dock first so as not to create a wake in front of them. Like we have time for that. In all honesty, we were going almost as slow as them.

As they arrive at the dock moments after us, her verbal abuse (in French) continued. Finally, I thundered back at them as I walked towards them........."Did you want us to go back to America and wait for you to get in ?"

Now the training my company has given me in reading people comes in handy. But instead of using it for good (selling things), I can now use it for evil (read: recreation). What could I say that would cause these two to absolutely melt down ? And should I do it ?

(In my best Rumanian accent)- Meester......you are from small village with small ideas. Go back to your cheekens and peegs. You are small man. And who eez this man you are with ? (pointing to his wife).

In the end, I told him to have a nice day. Maybe I'm finally getting out of my adolescence.