Say hello to my little friend............


It's common knowledge in the blogosphere and all over the Caribbean that L'ORIENT, although posh and stylish..........is lightly armed. Until now. Until we purchased "The Peacemaker". During a fruit transaction with our dealer (Gregory) I indicated that I was looking for a WMD (weapon of mango destruction). "50 EC mahn" was his answer (that's about $20 US). I thought it was a lot but he's the only arms dealer who also sells passion fruit in the bay. Now I can open coconuts myself AND feel better at night.

If we are ever boarded, we have a plan.  First, we blast our air horn (really loud). That's in our bedroom. We also have hornet spray......the kind that travels in a narrow beam 30 ft..........right in the eyes. It's stupid, but it makes both of us feel better knowing we have a machete too. I just hope I'm not going native, like Kurtz in "Apocalypse Now".

Now we're ready for trouble.............make that looking for trouble. Would you mess with these two?