Fore.........oh SH_T !!!

We've now been in Grenada for over 6 weeks. We've decided this place is home (for now). Being creatures of habit, we've developed several routines and traditions along the way. Friday is play day. I play golf with Joern (remember the German with the Airbus designed outboard ?) and Kirstin and Joern's partner Nata have a spa and beach day.

I'm a big believer in the law of averages. Put an unlimited number of monkeys in front of an unlimited number of computers and one of them writes "War and Peace". Fact.

Well, Joern and I are playing golf yesterday for the third Friday in a row. Near the 10th fairway, a house is being built. Ten or so local Grenadans working their asses off.........and a new Mercedes coupe parked in front. Two Fridays ago, we tee off on the 10th and come within 20-30 meters (by the way, I've gone metric system now) of the car. No big deal. Last Friday, same thing...........kind of a near miss.

Yesterday, the law of averages caught up with me. I send my drive like a laser hooking left........right into the back of this Mercedes. BAMM !!!! Oh, SH_T !!!

Joern and I have taken to communicating in Germ-lish. His English is quite good........my German is rusty but I'm improving by hanging out with my German posse here. Anyway, Joern says in English...."What should we do ?" My answer- "Laufen" (let's run). Meanwhile, a crowd consisting of all 10 workers is gathered around the car assessing the damage........looking back towards us. Gulp. Too late to run.

I take the long walk up towards this gang of guys..........Joern is my wingman. I've got to fall on this grenade. Then, luck intervenes. The owner of the Mercedes is the Indian foreman of the work group (and not some Grenadan Gangsta named "Gorilla Mike" or something). The Indian guy starts talking shit about how this dent is really serious. Joern starts telling me in German that this guy is an asshole and we should ignore him. I ended up doing the ethical thing..........giving him my name (incorrectly spelled) and a phone number I haven't used in a while. "We'll talk, my friend............oh, do you have my ball ?" He handed it back to me...........believe it or not.

Next Friday, we're only playing 17 holes. Walking past this crew again might be too risky.