Hit me with your best shot..............

Pink Beach, Grenada

Here in Grenada, we love the beach. It provides us with three sources of fun.

1) The beauty of the sea, the sand, and the people watching
2) Having a Kindle, I can download and read any book, any time
3) Hearing new and innovative marketing pitches

Number 3 is especially entertaining for me, as one of my roles at my job has historically been to teach sales and marketing techniques to those foolish enough to follow this path. In a professional life that's spanned 26 years (mostly in sales), I sometimes fall into the arrogant trap that I've seen it all. Then it happens..........

A blind, crippled man about 50 years old comes down the beach (hold the empathy, it's not what you think). He's not carrying any wares, but he stops in front of us for "a chat". I like talking to locals, so I have no problem with this, even though the ship-destroying hurricane in my book is just about to strike. OK, I can wait. Hey, it's the Caribbean.

Crippled Blind Dude- "Hey where are you from ?"
Tom- "Annapolis"
Crippled Blind Dude- "So you have a lot of money, huh ?"
Tom- "No- we spent it all on this huge yacht. Now we're broke."
Crippled Blind Dude- (now getting belligerent) - "Give me some money, man. What, do you hate blind people ?"
Tom- "No, not at all. I can only think of one blind person I hate".
Crippled Blind Dude- "You guys are racists".
Tom- "I thought you said we hate blind people. Make up your mind."

Aquarium Restaurant on Pink Beach
Anyway, this urchin happens to troll around our favorite beach. Kirstin and her bestie Nata also encounter this dude regularly. This guy was so aggressive with Nata that she boiled over at one point. That says a lot because she's actually a teacher for the disabled.

Kirstin, having lived in DC for too long was beyond negotiation. She confessed that at one point she was looking for something heavy to hit this guy with if he didn't cease and desist.

Imagine the headline in the Grenada newspaper..........."American Kills Local Disabled Man...........Says She Didn't Want Mangoes !!!"

So why do we keep going to the beach here ?.............the incredible beauty all around us.


Look - no people!!! - You can keep "The Cape"